Duke of Gloucester Unveiling Plaque
Duke of Gloucester Unveiling Plaque
Duke of Gloucester Unveiling Plaque

To display in FULL SCREEN hover the cursor over the image above ‚Äčand click the top left zoom button


This invitation and information sheet relate to the unveiling of a plaque by the Duke of Gloucester commemorating his visit to the Suburb on its centenary. He followed in the footsteps of both his grandmother Queen Mary in 1918 and his cousin Princess Magaret in 1957 in unveiling plaques on Henrietta Barnett School. 

Document, HGSAT104
Duke of Gloucester Unveiling Plaque
Related people/organisations
[BLANK]
The Hampstead Garden Suburb Archives Trust is a registered charity, known as Suburb Archives. It is responsible for ensuring that the archives of the suburb are properly cared for and are accessible to all.

[BLANK]
Originally founded by Dame Barnett in 1911 to educate poorer girls to a good standard no matter their financial background and now consistently ranks amongst the highest state schools in the country. 

[BLANK]
Queen Mary, wife of King George V, reigned from 1910-36 seeing Britain through the First World War and the rise of Nationalism and Socialism. 
Related Collections
[BLANK]
A series of plaques and engraved stones across the Suburb commemorating different events and figures throughout the Suburb's history.

[BLANK]
Photos marking some of the presitgious royal visits to the Suburb including Princess Magaret, Queen Mother and Queen Mary.

[BLANK]
Series of photos, objects and documents surrounding the celebrations of the 100th anniversary of the founding of the suburb in 2007. 

[BLANK]
A collection of all the different centenaries around the Suburb, from the Suburb itself in 2007 to St Jude's 100 year anniversary in 2011.
Related event
[BLANK]
Collection of photographs and objects documenting the celebrations around the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Suburb in 2007. 
Related object
[BLANK]
This invitation was for the Royal Visit of Queen Mary to the Suburb in 1918 when she laid the foundation stone for Henritta Barnett School.